Saturday, January 15, 2011

the bradfords are moving to alaska

I can't believe we're almost done with Justin's 1 year tour in Korea! The time feels like it has dragged and flown by all at the same time. He'll be home to us on the 10th of February and I couldn't be more excited! I miss my man and the boys miss their daddy! T-shirts have been purchased and poster boards are standing by for decoration.

We. Are. Ready.

Now the MOVE on the other hand, I'm not so sure I'm ready for. ;) After what feels like the longest couple of weeks of deliberations/arguments/conundrums we've finally figured out how we're going to get ourselves, the boys, the cats, our van, and our junk to Alaska. In February.

The military will be packing/moving our household goods. Simple enough. They'll be coming by the apartment and the storage unit on the 16th of February. Let's cross our fingers nothing gets seriously damaged and that we receive our belongings in Alaska within a reasonable (for the military, that is) timeframe.

Once our things are whisked away, Justin and I will be driving (yes, driving) with the boys and our two cats to Seattle, WA. This is the part I'm most stressed about, but let's be honest I'm a worrier so me being stressed out isn't breaking news or anything. We won't have much, if any, time to stop and see anything on the way since we have to make our flight out of Seattle on the 24th.

The van will be shipped commercially from Seattle to Anchorage. Once we drop off the van we'll be heading to the airport. We will have to fly with the cats in the cabin with us since the airline won't allow pets in the cargo area if the external temperature is under 40 degrees. So we'll have our hands full for sure on the flight to Anchorage, but at least we'll be on the last leg.

Once we arrive in Anchorage, we'll book a rental car and make our way to our cute little house. I know this move is going to be an adventure and I'm looking forward to all the family time we'll have on the way. If I can do a year alone, Justin and I can tackle this no problem ;)

Alaska, here we come! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment