Tuesday, October 19, 2010

a starchy debacle

How does scalloped potatoes with ham sound to you? Unless you're a vegetarian I bet it sounds pretty good. All the cheesy, starchy, ham...y, goodness all thrown together in a casserole and baked until bubbly and evil.


But alas, this picture is deceiving. This was quite possibly the most disappointing meal I've had in a long long time. The worst since I discovered that there is such thing as too much goat cheese in your asparagus pasta. That one scarred me for life I think.

Moving on!

The potatoes. Were practically RAW. How does this happen when you bake at 350 for an HOUR?? I mean, what a tease. I had to sit in my apartment smelling the deliciousness that is heart-attack casserole and my first bite goes *crunch*. :/ I was apparently so damn excited about said dinner I (obviously) had a friggin photo shoot with it before consumption. Poor me.

On a related note, I really REALLY need to get Julia Child's cookbook Mastering the Art of French Cooking. The kitchen department of Bed, Bath and Beyond is calling my name and I really want some roasted chicken. The ham and potato crap-erole needs to be made up for. For real.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! Crunchy potatoes are indeed disappointing. You'll make a comeback, though! :D

    ReplyDelete