Tuesday, March 8, 2011

On the road again...

We drove to Seattle.

The long way.

With 2 small children.

2 cats (1 resilient, 1 neurotic)

And our shtuff.

In 5 days.

And it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. *happy dance!!*

I mean, our butts hurt and we were all getting pretty sick of fast food, but it was actually enjoyable to just be together and talk (and talk...and talk). The boys were AMAZING. There were definitely a few fussy moments and poorly timed potty breaks (let's just say we're grateful we have boys...if you catch my drift) but considering the circumstances everything went smoothly.

The flight was....interesting. Believe it or not, the boys do better in the car than they do on a plane. The flight was only 3 1/2 hours from SeaTac to Anchorage, but I think with all the rules ("what?? you mean, i can't play with this tray whenever i want??) and small spaces it made the boys antsy. Ben was exhausted, and we all knew it. Even Max knew it. But did Ben nap during the flight?? Oh no, that would be too easy. Instead, he was Turdy McTurdison the whole flight and then fell asleep UPON DESCENT. He couldn't get comfortable since he had to be buckled into his seat so he fussed the whole time; crying for me to hold him and snuggle. Once we landed we just waited for everyone else to get off the plane, hoping to give Ben more time to sleep since neither Justin nor I had a free arm to carry him through the airport once we had our baggage. All-in-all I think the flight/airport was the most stressful part of our move, but thankfully it was only a small part of the trip.

So now we're here! The house is very cute, but still doesn't *quite* feel like home since we're still waiting for our household goods to arrive. They should be here soon, and I am very much looking forward to unpacking and really settling in. The city of Anchorage is like any other city, with its fast food chains, Starbucks and shopping centers. We live in Eagle River, which is about a 30 minute drive from "the city," which really is fine with us since we'd rather avoid the chaos. Justin is already getting geared up for fishing this summer, and we are also starting to plan our garden.

Once our stuff gets here I'll be able to retrieve my USB cable for my Nikon so pictures are coming! I have a good amount on my memory card just waiting to be uploaded...can't wait to share them with everyone!

Hopefully I'll keep up with this blog...time will tell. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment